Freeport-McMoRan Copper & Gold
Another dividend-focused commodity name is Freeport-McMoRan Copper & Gold (FCX). Freeport is one of the biggest copper and molybdenum miners in the world, with mines that span North and South America, Africa, and Asia.
So just how big is FCX? Pretty big: Freeport produces around 12% of the world's copper output, a scale that affords the firm an attractive market position for the metal. Copper prices have done well in the past several years, and so has gold. With QE3 building up speed this month, hard commodities should have plenty of upward mobility in the next few quarters, driving Freeport's double-digit margins even higher than they are now.Freeport has made some massive financial strides in the past several years, moving from a highly-leveraged balance sheet to one with a net cash position that's more than a billion dollars in the black. That cash gives investors a pretty attractive margin of safety right now, especially with FCX's dividend payout tipping 3.1%. Better, it sets the firm up for a dividend hike in the next quarter. With third-quarter earnings just on the horizon, it makes sense for income-seekers to keep a close eye on this stock right now.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV