ADVISORY, Oct. 11, 2012 (GLOBE NEWSWIRE) --
QLogic Corp. (Nasdaq:QLGC), a global leader and technology innovator in high performance networking.WHAT: QLogic will exhibit and present at Storage Networking World (SNW), the leading global event series focused on technologies to manage and optimize the information infrastructure across the data center and remote offices—from compute to network to storage. QLogic Mt. Rainier Technology Demonstrates New Performance Benefits for ESX Clusters The QLogic® Mt. Rainier project brings transparent, shared server-based solid state disk (SSD) caching to the storage area network (SAN), delivering scalable performance to I/O-hungry applications running in mission-critical, single-server and clustered, shared-resource environments. QLogic will feature live Mt. Rainier demonstrations, including OS-transparent SSD caching of SAN storage, as well as vMotion across physical servers in a VMware ESX cluster while maintaining SSD I/O acceleration performance. The company will also demonstrate Mt. Rainier's transparent caching capabilities in a Windows environment. Channel partners and end-users who would like to keep informed with updates on this ground-breaking technology can join the Mt. Rainier community at www.qlogic.com/Products/adapters/Pages/MtRainierTechnology.aspx . Double Performance and Flexibility with QLogic Dual-personality FlexSuite Adapters QLogic is advancing its server connectivity leadership by delivering unparalleled performance and flexibility with its new QLogic FlexSuite™ "dual-personality" adapters. SNW attendees can learn more about these highly flexible adapters that fit seamlessly into current SAN installations as a 16Gb Fibre Channel host bus adapter (HBA) today and provide a future-proof approach to building highly agile infrastructures by enabling end-user field upgradeability to a 10Gb Ethernet (10GbE)-based converged network adapter (CNA) in the future. QLogic Experts Speak In addition, a number of QLogic experts will be providing attendees with insight and practical information that will allow them to address current trends and better manage their storage infrastructure. QLogic speakers include:
- Ilker Cebeli, director of cloud computing, will present " Enabling Next Generation I/O Architecture for Big Data" on Tuesday, October 16 at 2:50 p.m. More and more enterprises are deploying cloud computing and IT departments are requiring new capabilities with cloud storage infrastructure. Hadoop and MapReduce have been popular applications for handling distributed unstructured data. In this session, Cebeli will explain how Big Data is already impacting storage and networking architecture in data centers and how organizations can build optimized storage and networking infrastructure for the future. He will also elaborate on how to leverage cloud storage while maintaining iSCSI and Fibre Channel local storage infrastructure.
- Cameron Brett, director of solutions marketing, will discuss " The Growing Performance Gap and How to Close it" on Tuesday, October 16 at 4:05 p.m. Increased server performance, higher virtual machine density, advances in network bandwidth capacity, and rapidly expanding performance demands from business-critical applications are creating an acute storage I/O performance imbalance between servers, networks and storage subsystems. Brett's session will help customers understand their choices and options to meet the ever escalating demands for increased I/O performance.
- Chauncey M. Schwartz II, senior technical marketing manager, will lend his expertise on " Simplified Integration and Management in Multi-vendor SAN Environments" on Thursday, October 18 at 10:45 a.m. In the face of rapidly increasing requirements for storage, and as IT works to cloud-enable the environment and drive virtualization across all aspects of the infrastructure, data center managers face a fundamental task in figuring out how to integrate SAN environments over multi-vendor and multi-protocol infrastructures. Schwartz will advise attendees on solutions that streamline the integration and cost-effective expansion of heterogeneous SAN environments by enabling transparent connections to existing core infrastructures. Attendees will learn how to reduce management complexity and cost while increasing multi-vendor interoperability.
- Bill Henderson, senior principal solutions architect, will present " Innovating at the Network Edge-Integrating 16Gb Fibre Channel & 10GbE Technologies with Current Infrastructures" on Thursday, October 18 at 4:05 p.m. Virtualization of networks, storage, servers, and applications continues to grow in the data center. Virtual deployment workloads have been increasing the demands placed on network I/O infrastructure, which can significantly impact system and application performance. 16Gb Fibre Channel and/or 10GbE converged network adapters can provide the required performance within the network. 16Gb Fibre Channel networks will offer higher performance, lower power usage, greater flexibility and the ability to move directly to the latest technology platforms for investment protection. Henderson's session will help attendees understand how to meet the increasing demands for I/O connectivity.
- Oct. 16-19
Check Out Our Best Services for Investors
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Model portfolio
- Stocks trading below $10
- Intraday trade alerts
Check Out Our Best Services for Investors
Every recommendation goes through 3 layers of intense scrutinyquantitative, fundamental and technical analysisto maximize profit potential and minimize risk.
Our options trading pros provide over 100 monthly option trading ideas and strategies to help you become a well-seasoned trader.