Demandware®, Inc. (NYSE: DWRE), a leader in on-demand ecommerce, today announced the availability of new social plug-ins from Demandware Labs to simplify and accelerate the integration of a retailer’s ecommerce site with Facebook and Google+. Through these social integrations with the Demandware Commerce platform, retailers can create a more interactive and personalized shopping experience for consumers, while retaining complete control over their brand representation in consumers’ social media activity.
The new plug-ins allow retailers to more quickly and easily leverage the capabilities of Facebook Open Graph, Facebook Check-In and the Google +1 Button as part of their social commerce strategy. The benefits of each include:
- Facebook Open Graph – Retailers can more easily have their products and content become part of a consumer’s Facebook presence or “social graph.” By clicking customized Facebook sharing buttons on a retailer’s website (such as “Like,” “Want,” “Purchased”) consumers trigger an update to their Facebook Timeline, App Views, News Feed and/or Ticker, for their network to see. With the Demandware plug-in, retailers maintain control over brand expression with the ability to aggregate actions, more seamlessly integrate into Facebook search and more easily target advertising to Facebook members.
- Facebook Check-In – Retailers integrating Facebook Check-In with their ecommerce sites can create a personalized, engaging and seamless cross-channel experience when a consumer is both in the store and online. The Demandware plug-in enables retailers to fully customize their check-in experience and use check-ins in combination with loyalty or reward programs.
- The Google +1 Button – Retailers can improve SEO and spread the word about their products and services via their consumers’ Google+ circles. When a consumer clicks a +1 button on a product detail page, members of his circles will see the recommendation in their Google search results, improving the retailer’s overall SEO.
These new social plug-ins, along with the already-established Pinterest, Wordpress and Facebook Shop integrations, provide Demandware clients with further openness and innovation on top of the Demandware Commerce platform.
“Facebook and Google+ are becoming ever more important components of a retailer’s social commerce strategy, but many are still trying to figure out how to best leverage and tap into its millions of members,” said Jamus Driscoll, senior VP of marketing for Demandware. “These innovations from Demandware Labs provide our clients with easy access to the tools that will help them reach consumers on their social networks, creating a foundation for ongoing social commerce growth.”
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV