GIVAT SHMUEL, Israel, October 11, 2012 /PRNewswire/ --
Cimatron Limited (NASDAQ and TASE: CIMT) today announced that CimatronE's 5-Axis solution will be showcased at the Fakuma trade show to be held in Friedrichshafen, Germany, from October 16-20, 2012.
"Tool shops across Germany are continuing to profit from CimatronE's 5-Axis solution, which is one of the most effective and advanced products on the market today," said Mr Dirk Dombert, Cimatron Group's General Manager for Germany.
"The CimatronE 5-Axis solution offers dramatically reduced setup times, and its powerful tilting functionality enables the use of shorter cutting tools, resulting in better surface quality and optimized machining times. These capabilities also support the 'direct milling' technology that shortens production time by reducing the need for electrodes."The CimatronE 5-Axis display at Fakuma will showcase:
- Direct milling of narrow slots and tiny corner radiuses, reducing the need for electrodes.
- Using a single setup for multi-side operations.
- A rich selection of machining strategies and support for a complete range of cutters (including tapered cutters, lollipop tools, and slot mill cutters).
- Positioning and continuous milling, with full control over the tilt and lead angles, and gouge and collision check of the tool shank and holder against the part.
- Generating 5-Axis tilting toolpaths at the click of a button (especially useful for rapid machining of parts with deep cavities, narrow ribs and tiny corner radiuses).
- Advanced post-processor-based simulation for toolpath verification.