VANCOUVER, British Columbia, October 11, 2012 /PRNewswire/ --
Year-to-date production of 63.1 million pounds of copper in concentrates
Capstone Mining Corp. ("Capstone") (TSX: CS) today announced its operating results for the three and nine months ended September 30, 2012 for its two operating mines, Cozamin and Minto. Combined production totalled 22.6 and 63.1 million pounds of copper in concentrates in the third quarter and first nine months, respectively, with additional by-products of lead, zinc, silver and gold.
Q3 2012 Production Q1 2012 Q2 2012 Q3 2012 YTD 2012 Copper in concentrates (millions of pounds) Cozamin 13.0 12.1 11.0 36.1 Minto 5.6 9.8 11.6 27.0 Total 18.6 21.9 22.6 63.1
"Both mines continued to operate according to plan in the third quarter," said Darren Pylot, President and CEO of Capstone. "Operations are currently stable, so our expectation is that we will meet our 2012 production guidance of 80 million pounds of copper in concentrates."Operational highlights for the three and nine months ended September 30, 2012
- Production of 22.6 and 63.1 million pounds of copper contained in concentrates, respectively.
- By-product production of 4.1 and 12.9 million pounds of zinc, 0.5 and 2.4 million pounds of lead and 431,760 and 1,344,291 ounces of silver in concentrates, respectively. Final gold production is not available since assaying is conducted off-site, but is estimated at 6,513 and 11,815 ounces for the respective periods.
- At Cozamin, recoveries remained consistent; however tonnage and copper grade were down due to the planned transitioning to the outer lower grade edges of stopes. Grades in the fourth quarter are expected to average 1.7%.
- At Minto, throughput averaged 3,874 tonnes per day, with grades and recoveries above second quarter levels. Grade is expected to decrease in the fourth quarter to 1.4%. This is lower than originally expected as a result of an unplanned pushback that is necessary to improve the stability of the west pit highwall which will impact the fourth-quarter mine plan. The pushback is within the ultimate pit design, so the overall strip ratio is not expected to change for the Area 2 Pit.
- On September 24, 2012, the Yukon Water Board issued a draft amendment to Minto's Water Use License which allows for tailings deposition in the mined out Main Pit. This draft is now with the Minister awaiting signature. Final approval is expected during October, resulting in cost savings of approximately C$5.00 per tonne of ore milled.
Cozamin Minto Q3 2012 YTD 2012 Q3 2012 YTD 2012 Production [(1)] (contained in concentrates) - Copper (000s pounds) 11,010 36,134 11,554 26,956 - Lead (000s pounds) 550 2,368 - - - Zinc (000s pounds) 4,139 12,876 - - - Silver (ounces) 369,562 1,203,356 62,196 140,935 - Gold (ounces) - - 6,513 11,815 Mine - Tonnes of ore mined 283,833 884,824 332,134 709,192 Mill - Tonnes processed 285,999 887,487 356,414 1,029,259 - Tonnes processed per day 3,109 3,239 3,874 3,756 - Copper grade (%) 1.88 1.99 1.6 1.32 - Lead grade (%) 0.17 0.21 - - - Zinc grade (%) 1.01 1.01 - - - Silver grade (g/t) 56.7 59.2 6.2 5.1 - Gold grade (g/t) - - 0.64 0.52 Recoveries - Copper (%) 92.9 93 92.1 90.3 - Lead (%) 52.2 58.1 - - - Zinc (%) 65.2 65.2 - - - Silver (%) 70.9 71.3 87.5 84.1 - Gold (%) - - 70.9 68.6 Concentrates [ (1)] - Copper concentrate (dmt) 19,072 62,326 13,706 32,862 Copper (%) 26.2 26.3 38.2 37.2 Silver (g/t) 550 536 141 133 Gold (g/t) - - 14.8 11.2 - Lead concentrate (dmt) 434 1,800 - - Lead (%) 57.4 59.7 - - Silver (g/t) 2,327 2,239 - - - Zinc concentrate (dmt) 3,925 11,939 - - Zinc (%) 47.8 48.9 - -(1) Adjustments based on final settlements will be made in future periods.
Check Out Our Best Services for Investors
Jim Cramer and Stephanie Link reveal their investment tactics while giving advanced notice before every trade.
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
Jim Cramer's protégé, David Peltier, uncovers low dollar stocks with extraordinary upside potential that are flying under Wall Street's radar.
- Model portfolio
- Stocks trading below $10
- Intraday trade alerts
Check Out Our Best Services for Investors
Jim Cramer's protégé, David Peltier, identifies the best of breed dividend stocks that will pay a reliable AND significant income stream.
Every recommendation goes through 3 layers of intense scrutinyquantitative, fundamental and technical analysisto maximize profit potential and minimize risk.
Our options trading pros provide over 100 monthly option trading ideas and strategies to help you become a well-seasoned trader.