Reuters, citing sources with direct knowledge of the matter, reported Friday that Softbank is in talks with three major Japanese banks to borrow $23 billion (1.8 trillion yen) to finance a bid for Sprint.
Best Buy (BBY)is planning to match the prices of Internet competitors such as Amazon.com this holiday season, The Wall Street Journal reported, citing a person familiar with the matter.
Best Buy also is preparing to offer free home delivery on merchandise that is out of stock in stores, the newspaper reported.
The European Union won the Nobel Peace Prize on Friday for its efforts to promote peace and democracy in Europe, despite the region's debt crisis.
-- Written by Joseph Woelfel
>To contact the writer of this article, click here: Joseph Woelfel >To submit a news tip, send an email to: email@example.com.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV