Today, Biogen Idec (NASDAQ: BIIB) and Elan Corporation, plc (NYSE: ELN) announced that results from 11 company-sponsored TYSABRI presentations, including 10 posters and one platform, will be available for viewing at the 28 TH Congress of the European Committee for Treatment and Research in Multiple Sclerosis (ECTRIMS) in Lyon, France, October 10 – 13.
Key data highlights from ECTRIMS include:
- Long-term safety and efficacy of natalizumab and assessment of 2-year freedom from clinical disease activity in patients with multiple sclerosis in the TYSABRI Observational Program (TOP) – Poster 519
- Improvement of MS-related fatigue also significantly improves quality of life in patients treated with natalizumab: results from the TYNERGY trial – Poster 445
- Relation of disease activity-free status to visual function in the AFFIRM trial – Poster 557
- Utilization of JC-virus antibody testing in clinical practice – Poster 546
- Imaging findings for PML in natalizumab-treated MS patients – Platform 99
“These data further establish the benefits of TYSABRI in reducing relapse rates and slowing disease progression,” said Alfred Sandrock, M.D., Ph.D., senior vice president, Development Sciences and Chief Medical Officer, Biogen Idec. “Data from TOP demonstrate that patients who began TYSABRI earlier had better outcomes than patients in the study who were switched to TYSABRI at two years, further demonstrating the positive effect TYSABRI can make for those living with MS.”
Multiple sclerosis (MS) is an often debilitating disease of the brain and spinal cord that affects nearly 2.1 million people worldwide. While a number of disease modifying therapies are currently available, an unmet need remains for effective treatment options.“Common symptoms of MS, such as cognitive difficulties, fatigue and visual function can have a tremendous impact on people living with MS.” said Hans Peter Hasler, Chief Operating Officer, Elan Corporation, plc. “The encouraging outcomes from the data presented at ECTRIMS, together with TYSABRI’s proven efficacy, continue to support its strength as a valuable treatment for MS patients around the world.”
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
Jim Cramer and Stephanie Link actively manage a real portfolio and reveal their money management tactics while giving advanced notice before every trade.
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
Jim Cramer's protege, David Peltier, identifies the best of breed dividend stocks that will pay a reliable AND significant income stream.
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
All of Real Money, plus 15 more of Wall Street's sharpest minds delivering actionable trading ideas, a comprehensive look at the market, and fundamental and technical analysis.
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
Our options trading pros provide daily market commentary and over 100 monthly option trading ideas and strategies to help you become a well-seasoned trader.
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV