NEW YORK ( TheStreet) -- The stock of Miami-based Lennar (LEN) is up 168.3% over the last 12 months. The stock of Ft. Worth, Texas-based DR Horton (DHI) is up 133% over the last year. How about Atlanta, Ga.-based Home Depot (HD)? Its stock is up 87.1% over the last 12 months. By comparison, the S&P 500 is up 26% during the same period of time.
This is my current ranking of the various sectors of the market that I track on a daily basis; the good and the bad:
Biotech, with its A-, is followed by housing, with a B+. As of now, I remain heavily invested in the biotech sector. It has been at the top of the rankings almost since the beginning of the year. I took a 62% profit in Pharmacyclics (PCYC) and a 64% profit in Alexion Pharmaceuticals (ALXN) earlier this year. I am back in both of those stocks right now, along with several other biotech-related stocks.I own them in the aggressive growth accounts I manage. As of Friday, this portfolio of 25 stocks was up just over 20% year to date. To see the whole portfolio, you can get four free copies of my weekly newsletter by
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
Jim Cramer and Stephanie Link actively manage a real portfolio and reveal their money management tactics while giving advanced notice before every trade.
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
Jim Cramer's protege, David Peltier, identifies the best of breed dividend stocks that will pay a reliable AND significant income stream.
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
All of Real Money, plus 15 more of Wall Street's sharpest minds delivering actionable trading ideas, a comprehensive look at the market, and fundamental and technical analysis.
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
Our options trading pros provide daily market commentary and over 100 monthly option trading ideas and strategies to help you become a well-seasoned trader.
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV