WORBLAUFEN, Switzerland, Oct. 10, 2012 (GLOBE NEWSWIRE) -- Facing the need to grow its cloud to address escalating customer demand, Swisscom IT Services required an innovative solution that would reduce services delivery costs while improving agility.
With the help of the BMC Cloud Lifecycle Management and BMC Cloud Operations Management solutions, the regional telecoms leader has reduced service delivery costs by 30 percent and improved customer experience, solidifying its reputation as a leader and pioneer in the telecommunications industry.
Today, Swisscom received special recognition from BMC Software (Nasdaq: BMC) for its industry leadership in implementing an innovative cloud solution that has transformed its business and better serves its customers." BMC Software helped Swisscom not only realize a significant reduction in our service delivery costs but also improve our end-user experience," said André van Tuinen, chief technical officer (CTO) at Swisscom. "Our aim has always been to provide value for the business and for our customers, and BMC's cloud-based offering ensures we adhere to that. With BMC, our customers can receive the best service from our teams and focus their attention on the value of our more standardised IT services." Fabio Violante, CTO at BMC Software EMEA, said, " Swisscom is demonstrating exactly how companies should be integrating cloud solutions to improve customer service. As cloud technology continues to solve complex business problems, Swisscom understands the importance of thinking beyond the ordinary. The Cloud Innovation Award is an excellent acknowledgement for the work that Swisscom has put into making this project a success." Swisscom will be presented with the Cloud Innovation Award at VMworld Europe 2012 in Barcelona. For more information about BMC Software, please visit:
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV