If you want growth-at-a-reasonable price (GARP) and PE ratios that makes sense and you want to limit the amount of downside risk, then again MSFT is the comparative winner.
Unless Netflix has a secret success formula that it will be unveiling later this month, it is still in my opinion surprisingly overpriced. It is still the leader at what it does, but the competition is heating up on a number of fronts.
Microsoft will step into the earnings confessional on Oct. 18, so we won't have to wait long to hear how it has fared in the last quarter and what kind of guidance it'll offer. With Windows 8 and the Tablet about to be launched, Microsoft should have some good news that'll translate to an elevation in their share price. Accumulate carefully ahead of their earnings and upcoming guidance.
As of the time of publication the author has a position in MSFT.
Jim Cramer and Stephanie Link actively manage a real money portfolio for his charitable trust- enjoy advance notice of every trade, full access to the portfolio, and deep coverage of the latest economic events and market movements.
This article was written by an independent contributor, separate from TheStreet's regular news coverage.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
Jim Cramer and Stephanie Link actively manage a real portfolio and reveal their money management tactics while giving advanced notice before every trade.
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
Jim Cramer's protege, David Peltier, identifies the best of breed dividend stocks that will pay a reliable AND significant income stream.
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
All of Real Money, plus 15 more of Wall Street's sharpest minds delivering actionable trading ideas, a comprehensive look at the market, and fundamental and technical analysis.
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
Our options trading pros provide daily market commentary and over 100 monthly option trading ideas and strategies to help you become a well-seasoned trader.
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV