SPOKANE, Wash., Oct. 10, 2012 /PRNewswire/ -- People to People Ambassador Programs, the world leader in global educational travel experiences, today announced the "Operation Global Trekker" Sweepstakes. The sweepstakes will award 50 students, one in each state, a $2,500 scholarship towards an educational journey with People to People.
With this contest, People to People marks the kick-off of their $1 million travel promise. To bring the gift of international travel to as many students as possible, People to People Ambassador Programs will award more than $1 million in tuition assistance for the 2013 student travel season.
"We believe international travel is critically important to the future success of our nation's children," said Peg Thomas, president of People to People Ambassador Programs. "Traveling with People to People enables students to see the world in a different way and understand the issues that affect us all. It is our mission to provide this global education to as many students as possible."
Winners of the "Operation Global Trekker" Sweepstakes will receive a $2,500 tuition credit to put toward one of the more than 30 unique student travel programs offered on all seven continents through People to People. The contest is open to students in or entering grades five through 12 in 2013.Increasingly, cultural competency is essential for success in our global economy, and People to People creates opportunities for students to expand their worldviews, stretch their horizons and build lifelong friendships. Participants are led by professional educators as they explore cultural attractions, engage with local people through home stays, demonstrate community involvement through service projects, and experience unique "People to People" access, such as meeting with Parliament members in the U.K.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV