Search Jim Cramer's "Mad Money" trading recommendations using our exclusive "Mad Money" Stock Screener.
NEW YORK ( TheStreet) -- The bears may have won the game today, but the score can change dramatically tomorrow.
Jim Cramer told "Mad Money" viewers how the markets arrived at such a terrible loss Wednesday.Cramer said each day the markets start at zero and head up or down based on the macro news and the micro earnings releases from individual companies. In Wednesday's case, the trading action started last night when Yum Brands (YUM) reported stellar growth around the world growth, including China, and also noted an improving U.S. That news was negated by negative news from Cummins (CMI) and tempered expectations from Alcoa (AA). Finally, there was Chevron (CVX), a stock Cramer owns for his charitable trust,
Growth StoriesFor the next installment of his "Anointed Growth Stocks," Cramer featured two retailers, Ulta Salon (ULTA) and Tractor Supply (TSCO). Both companies are regional to national growth stores, said Cramer, and Ulta is up 48% for the year, while Tractor Supply is up 40%. With 489 stores delivering same-store sales up 9.3%, Cramer said Ulta has high hopes for the 100 new stores it plans to open next year. The company already commands 2.8% of total beauty product sales in the U.S. and is growing a 25% a year.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV