- Drivers who have had air bags replaced within the last three years, but not at a new-car dealership.
- Drivers who have purchased a used car that may have had an air bag-deploying crash. (Carfax, which sells vehicle-history reports to used-car buyers, has set up a free air-bag deployment check.)
- Drivers who own a car with a branded title, sometimes called salvage, rebuilt or reconstructed.
- Drivers who bought replacement air bags through eBay or other non-certified sources, especially at very low prices.
Who Pays To Replace Counterfeit Air Bags?
Check Out Our Best Services for Investors
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Model portfolio
- Stocks trading below $10
- Intraday trade alerts