The 5 Most Terrifying Life Insurance Words
"Most cash-value policies have surrender charges that decline over a period of time," Blakeman says. "That's often 10 years, but it could be 12 or 15 years."
After that, you'll generally pay no surrender charge or a very small surrender charge, Blakeman says.
For details about surrender charges, he suggests that you check your life insurance policy or call your life insurance agent. Here's more about the basics of permanent life insurance.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV