SACRAMENTO, Calif., Oct. 10, 2012 (GLOBE NEWSWIRE) -- GenCorp Inc. (NYSE:GY) today reported results for the third quarter ended August 31, 2012.
The Company provides Non-GAAP measures as a supplement to financial results based on GAAP. A reconciliation of the Non-GAAP measures to the most directly comparable GAAP measures is included at the end of the release.Third Quarter of Fiscal 2012 compared to Third Quarter of Fiscal 2011
- Net sales for the third quarter of fiscal 2012 totaled $244.9 million compared to $226.2 million for the third quarter of fiscal 2011.
- Net loss for the third quarter of fiscal 2012 was $9.5 million, or $0.16 loss per share, compared to a net income of $1.2 million, or $0.02 diluted income per share, for the third quarter of fiscal 2011.
- Adjusted EBITDAP (Non-GAAP measure) for the third quarter of fiscal 2012 was $24.0 million or 9.8% of net sales, compared to $27.8 million or 12.3% of net sales, for the third quarter of fiscal 2011.
- Segment performance (Non-GAAP measure) before environmental remediation provision adjustments, retirement benefit plan expense, and unusual items was $29.8 million for the third quarter of fiscal 2012, compared to $27.8 million for the third quarter of fiscal 2011.
- Cash provided by operating activities in the third quarter of fiscal 2012 totaled $15.7 million, compared to $18.2 million in the third quarter of fiscal 2011.
- Free cash flow (Non-GAAP measure) in the third quarter of fiscal 2012 totaled $6.2 million, compared to $12.7 million in the third quarter of fiscal 2011.
- Net debt (Non-GAAP measure) was $93.7 million as of August 31, 2012 compared to $151.3 million as of August 31, 2011.
- Funded backlog was $1,033 million as of August 31, 2012 compared to $905 million as of August 31, 2011.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
Jim Cramer and Stephanie Link actively manage a real portfolio and reveal their money management tactics while giving advanced notice before every trade.
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
Jim Cramer's protege, David Peltier, identifies the best of breed dividend stocks that will pay a reliable AND significant income stream.
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
All of Real Money, plus 15 more of Wall Street's sharpest minds delivering actionable trading ideas, a comprehensive look at the market, and fundamental and technical analysis.
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
Our options trading pros provide daily market commentary and over 100 monthly option trading ideas and strategies to help you become a well-seasoned trader.
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV