NEW YORK (TheStreet) - In case you haven't noticed, eBay (EBAY) has a brand new look starting today. There's a new corporate logo, and an overall cleaner, easier-to-navigate look and feel on its Web sites. Lots more white space everywhere.
eBay president Devin Wenig described it this way in a note on the company's Web site. The overhaul will provide "a more intuitive, convenient way to browse, decide and buy - both globally and locally; and a new personal way to curate your own shopping experience and discover items perfect for you."
"These new experiences will be rolled live in the coming weeks in the US and around the world in the coming months. Additionally, our new logo goes live today. Together, these changes and more reflect the new eBay and our evolution as a marketplace that connects the world to the things they need and love--anytime, anywhere."
In his welcome to the new Web site he stresses that mobile is the future of commerce - and therefore eBay."It's increasingly multichannel via any connected screen. Consumers want to move seamlessly across devices, through any shopping environment. A laptop, a phone, a tablet or TV ... a store window, kiosk, or fitting room ... a shopkeeper or sales associate who knows who you are and what you want. This is how consumers will connect to the things they need and love. Not online or offline. Just shopping, anytime, anywhere." Shares of eBay closed up 1.17% at $46.75 on Wednesday. --Written by Gary Krakow in New York. >To submit a news tip, send an email to: firstname.lastname@example.org.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV