Bloomberg reported that Facebook tried to hide its mobile risks in its IPO filing, but TheStreet debunked this, showing that the risk was highlighted in the company's initial filing on Feb.1.
"Growth in use of Facebook through our mobile products, where we do not currently display ads, as a substitute for use on personal computers may negatively affect our revenue and financial results," the filing said.
Groupon (GRPN) shares plunged 4.17% to finish at $5.05 as another competitor entered the daily deals space.eBay (EBAY) announced an online marketplace, known as eBay Lifestyle Deals, for deals on local services. The service is being offered in a select number of areas, including San Francisco, Los Angeles and Washington D.C.
Apple (AAPL) shares closed up marginally, gaining 0.8% to close at $640.91. Recent reports had suggested that Apple would send out invites today for its iPad Mini event, but nothing had materialized by 4 P.M. EST. Shares have been hit in recent days on concerns over supply chain issues and estimate cuts. Apple outperformed the broader Nasdaq, which fell 0.43%, as stocks continued to pull back from recent highs. Interested in more on Apple? See TheStreet Ratings' report card for this stock. -- Written by Chris Ciaccia in New York >Contact by Email. Follow @Commodity_Bull
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV