In connection with National Cyber Security Month, Frontier Communications Corporation (NASDAQ: FTR) has joined the STOP. THINK. CONNECT. campaign as a partner. This partnership is an outgrowth of Frontier’s focus on protecting our customers from cyber attacks. The NCSA and Frontier Secure are advising every computer user to STOP. THINK. CONNECT. to stay safe online. Kelly Morgan, Vice President at Frontier Communications agrees, adding, “Our Frontier Secure products take the worry out of being online, offering Internet Security, Backup & Sharing, Premium U.S.-based Tech Support and Identity Protection. Protecting the Internet is important to us at home and work as well as to the public safety. We agree with the NCSA that if each of us does our part to stay safe online, the Internet will become a more secure environment."
National Cyber Security Awareness Month is organized by the Department of Homeland Security (DHS) and the National Cyber Security Alliance (NSCA) and focuses on the need for improving online safety and security for all Americans.
STOP. THINK. CONNECT. encourages consumers to take time to evaluate their security of their computers, devices, and online safety practices.
NCSA recently released the results of a new survey that shows why Americans need to increase their efforts to make the Internet safer:
- A Safe Internet is Crucial to U.S. Economy: Ninety percent of Americans agree that a safe and secure Internet is crucial to our nation's economic security.
- The Internet is Vital to American Jobs: Fifty-nine percent say their job is dependent on a safe and secure Internet and 78 percent say losing Internet access for 48 consecutive hours would be disruptive with 33 percent saying it would be extremely disruptive.
- A Majority of Americans Do Not Feel Completely Safe Online: Ninety percent say they do not feel completely safe from computer viruses, malware and hackers while on the Internet.
- A Quarter of Americans Were Notified That Their Personal Data was Exposed to Potential Thieves in the Past Year: Over one in four (26 percent) received notification by a business, online service provider or organization that their personally identifiable information (e.g. password, credit card number, email address, etc.) was lost or compromised because of a data breach.
- Keep a Clean Machine.
- Protect Your Personal Information.
- Connect with Care.
- Be Web Wise.
- Be a Good Online Citizen.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV