NEW YORK (AP) â¿¿ Endeavour Silver Corp. said Wednesday that it has resolved the work stoppage that blocked its management from accessing certain facilities held under lease near the El Cubo mine in Mexico.
The Canadian mining company said the workers involved, who began the blockade on Tuesday, have ended it and agreed to go back to work starting with the Wednesday afternoon shift.
The company said Tuesday that it considered the work stoppage illegal, because no formal complaints had been made against the company and no strike notice had been filed.
Endeavour said that members of its management and the Mexican government met with the non-union workers late Tuesday. Most of their issues related the recent actions by their previous employer, an outsourcing company used by the mine's previous owner, that put their jobs and their accrued benefits at risk.Endeavour said it arranged for another services company to take responsibility for the workers accrued benefits and provide jobs for the workers at some of the leased assets. Endeavor's U.S. shares rose 24 cents, or 2.6 percent, to $9.37 in afternoon trading. They are up 29 percent from a 52-week low of $7.25 set in mid-May.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
Jim Cramer and Stephanie Link actively manage a real portfolio and reveal their money management tactics while giving advanced notice before every trade.
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
Jim Cramer's protege, David Peltier, identifies the best of breed dividend stocks that will pay a reliable AND significant income stream.
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
All of Real Money, plus 15 more of Wall Street's sharpest minds delivering actionable trading ideas, a comprehensive look at the market, and fundamental and technical analysis.
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
Our options trading pros provide daily market commentary and over 100 monthly option trading ideas and strategies to help you become a well-seasoned trader.
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV