One more stock to consider is heavy construction materials supplier Texas Industries (TXI). Insiders are buying this stock into some decent strength here, since shares are up around 32% so far in 2012.
Texas Industries has a market cap of $1.14 billion and an enterprise value of $1.73 billion. This stock trades at a premium valuation, with a forward price-to-earnings of 93.09. Its estimated growth rate for this year is 55.9%, and for next year it's pegged at 40%. This is not a cash-rich company, since the total cash position on its balance sheet is $60.87 million and its total debt is $659.26 million.A director just bought 10,000 shares, or around $414,000 worth of stock, at $40.90 to $41.74 share. From a technical perspective, TXI is currently trading above its 200-day moving average and right below its 50-day moving average, which is neutral trendwise. This stock has been trending sideways for the last month and change, between $39.80 on the downside and $45.09 on the upside. A move outside of that trading range in the near future will likely setup the next major trend for shares of TXI. If you're bullish on TXI, then I would look for long-biased trades as long as its trending above its 50-day at $41.49, and then once it manages to break out above some near-term overhead resistance levels at $45.09 to $45.68 a share with high volume. Look for a sustained move or close above those levels with volume that hits close to or above its three-month average action 333,261 shares. If that breakout triggers soon, then look for TXI to re-test or possibly take out its next major overhead resistance level at $47.15 a share. To see more stocks with notable insider buying, check out the Stocks With Big Insider Buying portfolio on Stockpickr. -- Written by Roberto Pedone in Winderemere, Fla.
Twitter and become a fan on Facebook.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV