Barnes & Noble
Barnes & Noble (BKS) is a content, commerce and technology company that provides customers access to books, magazines, newspapers and other content across its multi-channel distribution platform. This stock is trading up 5% at $14.50 in recent trading.
Today's Volume: 1.2 millionAverage Volume: 963,162 Volume % Change: 79% From a technical perspective, BKS is bouncing sharply to the upside here right off its 200-day moving average of $13.89 with above-average volume. This move is quickly pushing BKS within range of triggering a major breakout trade. That trade will hit once BKS manages to take out some key overhead resistance at $14.78 with high volume. Traders should now look for long-biased trades in BKS as long as its trending above its 200-day, and then once it sustains a move or close above $14.78 with volume that hits near or above 963,162 shares. At last check, BKS has hit an intraday high of $14.80 and volume has started to push above its three-month average action of 963,162 shares. If BKS triggers that breakout soon, then look for this stock to re-test or possibly take out its next major overhead resistance levels at $17.68 to $19.58. To see more stocks rising on unusual volume, check out the Stocks Rising on Unusual Volume portfolio on Stockpickr. -- Written by Roberto Pedone in Winderemere, Fla.
Twitter and become a fan on Facebook.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV