Dollar Tree (DLTR) is an operator of discount variety stores offering merchandise at the fixed price. This stock is trading up 3.4% at $47.39 in recent trading.
Today's Volume: 2.2 millionAverage Volume: 2.3 million Volume % Change: 63% Shares of DLTR are trading to the upside here after Wells Fargo upgraded the stock from market perform to outperform. >>5 Rocket Stocks to Buy in October From a technical perspective, DLTR is bouncing higher here right off some near-term support at $45.76 with decent volume. This move is quickly pushing DLTR within range of triggering a near-term breakout trade. That trade will hit once DLTR manages to take out its 200-day at $48.21 and its 50-day at $48.59, and then once it clears more overhead resistance at $49.57 with high volume. Traders should now look for long-biased trades in DLTR once it sustains a move or close above those breakout levels with volume that hits near or above 2.3 million shares. If that breakout triggers soon, then look for DLTR to re-test or possibly take out its next major overhead resistance level at $53.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV