Costco Wholesale (COST) operates warehouses that offer members low prices on a limited selection of branded and selected private-label products in a range of merchandise categories. This stock is trading up 3.7% at $103.34 in recent trading.
Today's Volume: 3.4 millionAverage Volume: 1.6 million Volume % Change: 283% Shares of COST are moving notably higher today after the company said a membership fee hike last year contributed to better-than-expected fourth-quarter earnings. >>Buffett's "Secret" Reveals 5 Stocsk to Buy From a technical perspective, COST is trending up here with above-average volume. This move has started to push COST into near-term breakout territory, since the stock is challenging some overhead resistance levels at $102.40 to $103.51. At last check, COST has hit an intraday high of $104.43 and volume is well above its three-month average action of 1.6 million shares. Traders should now look for long-biased trades in COST as long as it's trending above $102.40 to $103.51 with strong upside volume flows. I would consider any upside volume day that registers near or above 1.6 million shares as bullish. If COST can maintain that trend, then this stock will have a great chance of trending north of $110 in the near future. Keep in mind that today's action has pushed COST into new 52-week-high territory, which is bullish technical price action. Costco is one of Warren Buffett's holdings as of the most recently reported period.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV