Gap Inc. (NYSE: GPS) announced today that customers in Japan can now shop Gap and Banana Republic products online through its new Japanese e-commerce sites (gap.co.jp and bananarepublic.co.jp). The sites offer Gap, GapKids, babyGap and Banana Republic products.
“We’re excited to continue Gap Inc.’s global online expansion and extend our exceptional online experience to our customers in Japan,” says Robert Frank, Managing Director for Japan. “The launch of this e-commerce site reaffirms our commitment to provide our signature American style to people in the most convenient ways possible.”
The e-commerce sites will feature Gap Inc.’s innovative “Universality” platform, which brings the Gap and Banana Republic brands together on one, easy to navigate e-commerce platform. Customers can seamlessly shop Gap, GapKids, babyGap and Banana Republic with one shopping basket and one checkout. Since the site is open 24 hours a day, seven days a week, customers can shop whenever it is most convenient for them.
“Internationally, we have seen a great response from consumers who shop our brands online,” says Iris Yen, Senior Director of Asia Online, Gap Inc. “We want to give our customers the ability to shop how, when and where they want.”The new sites offer Japanese customers great service and detailed product features to simplify the online shopping experience:
- Free shipping everyday with purchases of 6,000 yen or more
- Fast, local shipping from within Japan
- Free in-store returns within 30 days of your order date
- Friendly customer service via email and phone 365 days/year
- Size charts and photos to show different fits
- Photos with multiple angles and colors, plus the ability to zoom to see fabric and details
- Detailed product copy and illustrations provide information on fabric content and care instructions
- Secure checkout