ROCKVILLE, Md., Oct. 10, 2012 /PRNewswire/ -- Neuralstem, Inc. (NYSE MKT: CUR) announced that it will present preclinical data in five poster presentations at Neuroscience 2012, the 42 nd Annual Meeting for the Society for Neuroscience., October 13-17, in New Orleans ( http://www.sfn.org/AM2012/). These posters will cover new data pertaining to Neuralstem's NSI-566 spinal cord stem cell line for cell therapy, and its patented, neurogenic small molecule compounds: NSI-144, NSI-150, NSI-158 and NSI-189. Abstracts of the poster are available at http://www.sfn.org/am2012/index.aspx?pagename=final_program
NSI-566 is in a Phase I trial to test the safety of the cells and procedure in the treatment of amyotrophic lateral sclerosis (ALS or Lou Gehrig's disease). The last patient was treated in August, 2012. Neuralstem was recently approved to commence a NSI-566 trial in stroke in China, through its Chinese subsidiary, Neuralstem China, and has submitted an IND to the FDA to commence a trial in spinal cord injury with the same cells in the U.S.
NSI-144, NSI-150, NSI-158 and NSI-189 are small molecule, orally active compounds that stimulate new neuron growth in the hippocampus. NSI-189 is currently in a Phase Ib clinical trial testing its safety for the treatment of major depressive disorder (MDD).The titles and schedule for Neuralstem's poster presentations at Neuroscience 2012 are: NSI-566
- "Survival and Differentiation of Human Neural Stem Cells (NSI-566RSC) After Grafting into Ischemia-Injured Porcine Brain," S.Wu et. al., University of California, San Diego, Poster #59.14/L20 - Saturday, October 13, 2:00-3:00, Hall F-J
- "Histopathological Assessment of Adult Ischemic Rat Brains After Intracerebral Transplantation of NSI-566RSC Cell Line," K.L. Hayama et. al., University of South Florida, Poster # 59.15/M1 - Saturday, October 13, 3:00-4:00, Hall F-J
- "Decreased Tau Phosphorylation by AMPK Activation in Cortical Neurons," B. Kim et. al., University of Michigan, Poster # 220.08 - Sunday, October 14, 2:45-3:00, Location: 395
- "A Study to Examine the Tumorgenicity of Human Neural Stem Cell Line NSI-566RSC in Spinal Cord Injured Rats," T. Lam et. al., University of California, San Diego, Poster #450.17/K7 - Monday, October 15, 1:00-2:00. Hall F-J
- "Histological Assessment of Mouse Brains After 28-Day Chronic Oral Administration of Four Novel Neurogenic Compounds," D. Lee et. al, Poster # 664.20/X1 - Tuesday, October 16, 4:00 – 6:00, Hall F-J.
Check Out Our Best Services for Investors
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Model portfolio
- Stocks trading below $10
- Intraday trade alerts