VANCOUVER, Oct. 10, 2012 /PRNewswire/ - Compliance Energy Corporation ("Compliance" or the "Company) is pleased to announce that Mr. Stephen Ellis has been hired and appointed Vice President, Operations, for Compliance Coal Corporation. Compliance Coal in a wholly-owned subsidiary of the Company, and holds a 60% interest in over 31,000 hectares of coal rights on Vancouver Island, British Columbia, where we are focused on developing the Raven Underground Coal Project.
Mr. Ellis began his extensive coal mining career, spanning more than 30 years, in the United Kingdom where he worked in both operational and technical roles in several underground coal mines before relocating to Australia in 2006 to Rio Tinto's Kestrel Mine. In late 2010, Stephen moved to the Pike River Coal Mine in New Zealand as Production Manager and then as Mine Manager. Mr. Ellis holds a First Class Mine Manager's Certificate of Competency in the United Kingdom and New Zealand with mutual recognition of these in Australia.
"We are delighted to have Stephen join our team" stated John Tapics, President & CEO. "His extensive experience in underground coal mining operations in multiple jurisdictions is a rare commodity. We will be able to draw on his experience and knowledge to begin to build and train a team of other professionals as we advance the Raven Project."
In conjunction with this appointment, the Board of Directors has approved the grant of 150,000 stock options to Mr. Ellis at an exercise price of $0.10 per share. The options have a five year term and are subject to vesting over 36 months with one-third of the options vesting each year.About Compliance Energy Corporation Compliance Energy Corporation is a mining exploration and development company. Our primary holding is our interest in over 31,000 hectares of coal rights on Vancouver Island, British Columbia, where we are focused on developing the Raven Underground Coal Project of which we hold a 60% interest. The remaining 40% is owned by I-Comox Coal Inc. (a subsidiary of Itochu Corporation of Japan) and by LG International Investments ( Canada) Limited (a subsidiary of LG International Corp. of Korea). The Company also holds a number of mineral exploration properties totaling over 24,000 hectares on Vancouver Island, BC which are 100% owned by the Company, some subject to certain royalty requirements. Our shares trade on the TSX Venture Exchange under the symbol CEC and investor information is available on our web site at www.complianceenergy.com. On behalf of the Board of
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV