MONROE, La., Oct. 10, 2012 /PRNewswire/ -- CenturyLink, Inc. (NYSE: CTL), the third largest telecommunications company in the United States and a leader in global cloud infrastructure and hosted IT solutions for enterprises, today announced the forthcoming launch of savvisdirect, which meets increasing demand for a simplified approach to cloud computing and expands CenturyLink's industry-leading portfolio of Savvis cloud services to businesses of all sizes.
Now in public beta test, savvisdirect offers highly scalable, affordable and easy-to-use cloud services. Business users, IT administrators and developers can enter savvisdirect's intuitive Web portal for immediate access to:
- On-demand virtual servers;
- A Software-as-a-Service (SaaS) marketplace;
- Click-to-buy storage services;
- Scalable application development platforms; and
- Services configuration and management.
Companies interested in participating in the beta trial of savvisdirect can visit beta.savvisdirect.com to sign up. The cloud solutions are expected to be commercially available throughout North America later this year, with expansion into Europe and Asia in 2013."Practicality and reliability are central to the always-on and consumption-based experience of savvisdirect," said Andrew Higginbotham, president, savvisdirect. "By offering a unique, frictionless approach to cloud, our goal is to make cloud adoption – from learning to purchasing to onboarding – simple and affordable. This is a cloud every business can use." Through its 2011 acquisition of Savvis, CenturyLink has bolstered its business solutions capabilities to develop offerings unmatched by others in the industry. Savvisdirect combines the networking and cloud technology leadership of CenturyLink and Savvis to deliver unsurpassed enterprise and SMB offerings. "With our broad range of cloud solutions expanding to include savvisdirect, CenturyLink will give our customers the flexibility to choose the service that is right for them," Higginbotham said.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV