ATLANTA, Oct. 10, 2012 /PRNewswire/ -- The Home Depot ®, the world's largest home improvement retailer, announced a new initiative today aimed at arming U.S. service men and women with the knowledge and resources they need to successfully transition into the civilian workforce.
The new program, dubbed Mission: Transition, is a concentrated effort by The Home Depot to assist the military community with job search strategies and tools for today's challenging employment market.
"Members of the United States military are great assets to America's workforce, yet the outstanding skills they possess can be difficult to translate during the application or interview process," said Tim Crow, The Home Depot EVP – Human Resources. "Through Mission: Transition, we want to help service men and women highlight their unique skills to successfully pursue opportunities with any employer, not just The Home Depot."Specifically, Mission: Transition will aid a service member's job search through customized training events and career tools:
- Civilian Career Workshops: On October 27, 2012, The Home Depot will conduct more than 100 half-day training sessions across the country to help members of the military with their job search in most any industry or with most any employer. These workshops, which will be held at select Home Depot stores across the country and other company facilities, will include coaching on resume optimization for civilian jobs, interview tips and more. Workshop locations and registration details are available on The Home Depot's careers website at www.careers.homedepot.com/military. Space is limited, but workshops are open to any member of the military or veteran transitioning to a civilian career.
- Online Military Skills Translator: The Home Depot's new skills translator is designed to help translate and match an applicant's unique military skills with positions that might offer the best fit. It too is located at www.careers.homedepot.com/military.
Check Out Our Best Services for Investors
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Model portfolio
- Stocks trading below $10
- Intraday trade alerts