MasterCard (NYSE: MA) today unveiled its latest MasterCard Labs office in Dublin, Ireland. The new innovation hub will lead in the development of innovation and technology for MasterCard Worldwide. The MasterCard Labs in Dublin will be the first such office in Europe and joins Purchase, New York, Singapore and St Louis, Missouri, as part of an ever growing global network of innovation excellence.
As the first event hosted at MasterCard Labs Dublin, MasterCard’s innovation showcase featured an array of products and services, which demonstrated ways the company uses technology and innovation to grow its business, diversify across geographies and customers, and build new business.
Garry Lyons, Chief Innovation Officer, MasterCard Worldwide said: “MasterCard has a strong history of delivering leading innovations around the world. The MasterCard Labs team is going to expand on that heritage by pushing the boundaries of innovation and technology to create an environment focused on delivering products and solutions that make people’s lives easier, wherever they are in the world.”
MasterCard highlighted an array of new and existing innovations, which focused on the following global trends:
- Personalization and a deep understanding of audiences around the world:
- South Africa using electronic payments to distribute Social Security benefits;
- The Wanda Joint Venture in Latin America, allowing consumers to use mobile money solutions through a basic flip phone to pay merchants at the point-of-sale;
- Accepting payments through mobile point-of-sale (MPOS) devices such as iZettle
- Transforming the Shopping Experience: Evolving the shopping experience by creating experiences that exceed expectations. Some examples include:
- Highlighting PayPass Wallet Services across an array of devices – from laptops to smartphones to TVs;
- How merchants will be able to accept PayPass Wallet Services payments at a brick and mortar location;
- A new solution called Shoppable enabling simple and secure checkout directly from all forms of digital content;
- Experiences Beyond Payments: Developing new ways to enhance the consumer experience beyond payments. Some new ways MasterCard is doing this include:
- Showing how KOY, a social media coupon application, provides value to both the consumer and merchant;
- Demonstrating how EVNTS, a social media advertising platform, delivers payments and next generation loyalty capability to merchants, large and small;
- Leveraging the Power of Technology: At the heart of all this innovation are the MasterCard Network and Advisors services - delivering safe, simple and smart payment solutions.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
Jim Cramer and Stephanie Link actively manage a real portfolio and reveal their money management tactics while giving advanced notice before every trade.
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
Jim Cramer's protege, David Peltier, identifies the best of breed dividend stocks that will pay a reliable AND significant income stream.
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
All of Real Money, plus 15 more of Wall Street's sharpest minds delivering actionable trading ideas, a comprehensive look at the market, and fundamental and technical analysis.
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
Our options trading pros provide daily market commentary and over 100 monthly option trading ideas and strategies to help you become a well-seasoned trader.
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV