Woodard: Politics and Market Noise
TheStreet Premium Services
A complimentary preview
of Options-Profits Previews
Finally, option implied volatility also debunks the idea that the market has been responding carefully to changing electoral conditions. Changes in the Romney contract have had no consistent or meaningful relationship to the CBOE Volatility Index (VIX), whether looking at VIX returns or absolute VIX levels.
When journalistic storytelling becomes a little overzealous, financial analysts are bound to remind everyone that correlation does not entail causation; but in the case of Governor Romney's electoral hopes and stock returns, we don't even have evidence of any meaningful correlation.
OptionsProfits can be followed on Twitter at twitter.com/OptionsProfits.
Jared can be followed on Twitter at twitter.com/CondorOptions.
EXCLUSIVE OFFER: Jim Cramer's Protégé, Dave Peltier, only buys Stocks Under $10 that he thinks could potentially double. See what he's trading today with a 14-day FREE pass.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV