But if weak aluminum prices led to a negative balance in that tracking account, Century would have to pay that amount to Appalachian Power to help the utility offset the burden carried by its other customers.
PSC spokeswoman Susan Small said the commission won't comment until it sees a filing from Century.
Appalachian Power, a unit of American Electric Power Co., said in a statement late Tuesday it was studying the order and was planning to file a petition for reconsideration.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV