Stocks at Risk on 5th Anniversary of Highs
All of these issues, the negative divergences among the major averages, and the overhead risky levels from my proprietary analytics justify my investment advice to book profits, take some money off the table and have an asset allocation in the stock market down to at least 50%.
I have made several "market-timing" calls at market extremes since this century began. Back in March 2000, I recommended that investors reduce exposure to the Nasdaq by 50% saying that gains above 5000 would not be sustained. Then in the second half of 2002 my call was to re-invest in the stock market.
In the second half of 2007 my advice was to book profits and raise cash just as I do in today's analysis. As March 2009 began I made the call that stocks were ripe for a 40% to 50% upside move.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV