Neonode Inc., (NASDAQ:NEON), the optical touch technology company, announced today the market introduction of Neonode Smartphone I – the company’s new all-in-one touch solution for next generation smart- and feature phones. Neonode Smartphone I is a fully integrated mobile phone touch sensing solution, enabling a total BOM (bill of material) unit cost as low as $2, in high volume production.
Neonode Smartphone I, based on Neonode’s cutting-edge MultiSensing™ technology, is likely the fastest and most responsive touch solution on the market today - up to 10 times faster than industry standard capacitive solutions. It offers a comprehensive feature set and all the capabilities that are expected from a state-of-the-art smartphone of today, such as:
- Touch based gestures and features can be activated via any object, such as a finger, gloved finger, paint-brush, stylus or an ordinary pen
- Ultra-low power utilization, including Neonode’s energy saving AlwaysON™ feature
- 1000 Hz scanning rate achieving close to zero latency for fast accurate pen tracking, gestures and sweeps
- Pressure sensing
- Low total building height for designing super thin devices
- Short range Proximity sensing – touch free air gestures, sliders and near object detection
- Full sweep and gestures recognition for user-friendly navigation, including multi-touch smooth zooming and pinching
- Very high resolution with a virtually 100% glare-free touch screen, optimized for usage in practically any type of lighting condition, including direct sunlight
- Extremely ruggedized; works in a very wide temperature range and in rough environments
The Neonode Smartphone I, solution uses Neonode´s single chip touch frontend IC, the NN1001, developed together with our partner Texas Instruments. The NN1001 connects directly, with a high speed 1.8/3.3V SPI interface, to virtually any microcontroller or application/baseband processor. The touch software can run directly on the application processor, sharing its memory and processing power, thereby reducing cost and increasing performance. This configuration also makes field software updates possible, as the touch driver now is a part of the total operating system.
Check Out Our Best Services for Investors
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Model portfolio
- Stocks trading below $10
- Intraday trade alerts