Life Fitness, the global leader in commercial fitness equipment manufacturing, introduces the next generation of the Elevation™ Series Treadmills, Cross-Trainers and Lifecyle™ Exercise Bikes with new Discover™ Consoles delivering the personalized technology today’s plugged-in exercisers demand. The new Discover SE and Discover SI Consoles are the first to sync with the Android™ operating system, in addition to Apple’s® iOS platform, and feature an ultra-responsive touch screen with Swipe™ Technology for superior navigation.
(Photo: Business Wire)
Discover cardio products integrate with the company’s new
technology, a cloud-based solution that allows facility owners and managers to customize content for exercisers and enables free asset management. LFconnect gives exercisers log-in capabilities, personalization options, and workout recommendations, plus tracking made popular by the original Life Fitness Virtual Trainer website. With LFconnect, exercisers can also access personal online content, navigate the web directly from the equipment, create their own workout programs and set content preferences.
“Our research shows more than
of exercisers desire access to online content on equipment,” said Dan Wille, vice president of global marketing and product development, Life Fitness. “This new line of Discover open platform products gives exercisers unprecedented access to not just online content like YouTube and Facebook, but the latest fitness applications and custom entertainment.”
New Elevation Series open platform products include:
Key features include:
- Discover SE Treadmill (19” LCD touch screen)
- Discover SE Cross-Trainers and Bikes (16” LCD touch screen)
- Discover SI Treadmill, Cross-Trainers and Bikes (10” LCD touch screen)
- LFopen™ platform products: Life Fitness is the first fitness equipment-maker to open its product Application Programming Interface (API) platform to allow developer access.
- Apple and Android Compatibility: First exercise equipment to sync with and charge Android operating systems in addition to Apple devices, including iPads®, providing exercisers access to their music, videos, apps and books.
- Surface Capacitive Touch Screen with Swipe Technology: Functions like other personal electronic devices such as tablets. Hyper-sensitive response makes it easier to navigate between high-definition screens.
- Ethernet and Wi-Fi Compatibility: Allows for reliable, consistent connection to online content and remote software upgrades.
- Interactive Lifescape™ Courses: 17 courses, six exclusive, with high-definition hikes, runs and bikes through famous locations around the world. Integrates machine controls with the exerciser including video speed and resistance.
- On-Demand Content: Access a wide selection of music videos and TV programming on equipment.
For more information, visit
About Life Fitness
Life Fitness is the global leader in commercial fitness equipment. The company manufactures and sells strength and cardiovascular equipment under the brand names Life Fitness and Hammer Strength and distributes its equipment in more than 120 countries. Headquartered outside Chicago, in Schiller Park, Ill., Life Fitness is a division of Brunswick Corporation (NYSE: BC).