Photo Release -- Cereplast Begins Selling First Hybrid Resins Application In India
EL SEGUNDO, Calif., Oct. 10, 2012 (GLOBE NEWSWIRE) -- Cereplast, Inc. (Nasdaq:CERP), a leading manufacturer of proprietary biobased, sustainable bioplastics, today announced that the Company has begun selling its first Hybrid resins application in India initially for safety helmets.
A photo accompanying this release is available at http://www.globenewswire.com/newsroom/prs/?pkgid=15126
In August, Cereplast opened a corporate office in Hyderabad, capital of the Indian state Andhra Pradesh, to service its partners in South Asia and appointed a Technical Services Engineer to provide on-site services. The presence in India along with a full time support team has enabled Cereplast to evaluate new opportunities including working closely with several corporations specialized in plastic durable applications. The first application to be commercialized in India will be safety helmets made of Sustainable Biopropylene H-101.The resins will be delivered by A.R.M.Y India, Cereplast's partner in Hyderabad who has begun importing resins from our company following the press conference held in early September. Frederic Scheer, Chairman and CEO of Cereplast, stated, "We are excited by the growth opportunities in South Asia, and are committed to supporting our expansion in the region, particularly in India. We are pleased by this first successful order from our partner A.R.M.Y. and we are optimistic that additional orders will follow." Mr. Scheer continued, "India is a market with a rapidly growing demand for bioplastic alternatives to conventional plastics, and we are poised to take advantage of this opportunity in the second most populous country in the world. We anticipate that this will become a major market for Cereplast."
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV