Macy’s, Inc. (NYSE: M) and Toys“R”Us, Inc. today announced they have signed an agreement to offer Toys“R”Us Express-branded departments in 24 Macy’s stores in major markets nationwide during this year’s holiday selling season. The departments, which will operate on a leased basis, will average approximately 1,500 square feet (with some smaller and some larger). They will be open for a period of about three months – roughly from Oct. 15, 2012, to Jan. 15, 2013. Based on a number of factors, this pop-up toy shop concept could be expanded in the future.
The departments will offer an edited assortment of the hottest and most popular items from Toys“R”Us, including products featured on the 2012 Toys“R”Us Holiday Hot Toy list, perennial favorites such as dolls, action figures and puzzles, and much more.
“Macy’s is a premier holiday shopping destination, and many of our customers have toys on their gift-giving lists. By partnering with Toys“R”Us, the authority in the toy space, we can offer a comprehensive toy assortment and one-stop shopping in this largest gift-giving time of the year,” said Jeff Gennette, Macy’s chief merchandising officer.
“Macy’s and Toys“R”Us are both synonymous with gift-giving during the holiday season, and we are delighted to partner with a best-in-class retailer like Macy’s to extend our brand at some of the greatest shopping locations around the country,” said Richard Barry, executive vice president, chief merchandising officer, Toys“R”Us, Inc.
The 24 Macy’s stores with Toys“R”Us Express departments for Holiday 2012 include:
About Macy’s Inc.
- South Coast Plaza Home, Costa Mesa, CA
- Arden Fair, Sacramento, CA
- Union Square, San Francisco, CA
- Valley Fair, Santa Clara, CA
- Boca Raton Town Center, Boca Raton, FL
- Aventura Mall, Miami, FL
- Dadeland, Miami, FL
- Miami International Mall, Miami, FL
- Lenox Square, Atlanta, GA
- State Street, Chicago, IL
- Oakbrook Center, Oak Brook, IL
- Woodfield Mall, Schaumburg, IL
- Burlington Mall, Burlington, MA
- Mall of America, Bloomington, MN
- Bridgewater Commons, Bridgewater, NJ
- Garden State Plaza, Paramus, NJ
- Willowbrook Mall, Wayne, NJ
- Downtown Brooklyn, NY
- Roosevelt Field, Garden City, NY
- Manhasset, NY
- Herald Square, Manhattan, NY
- Center City, Philadelphia, PA
- Memorial City, Houston, TX
- Downtown Seattle, WA
Macy’s, Inc., with corporate offices in Cincinnati and New York, is one of the nation’s premier retailers, with fiscal 2011 sales of $26.4 billion. The company operates about 840 department stores in 45 states, the District of Columbia, Guam and Puerto Rico under the names of Macy’s and Bloomingdale’s, as well as the macys.com and bloomingdales.com websites. The company also operates 11 Bloomingdale’s Outlet stores.