Macy’s, Inc. (NYSE: M) and Toys“R”Us, Inc. today announced they have signed an agreement to offer Toys“R”Us Express-branded departments in 24 Macy’s stores in major markets nationwide during this year’s holiday selling season. The departments, which will operate on a leased basis, will average approximately 1,500 square feet (with some smaller and some larger). They will be open for a period of about three months – roughly from Oct. 15, 2012, to Jan. 15, 2013. Based on a number of factors, this pop-up toy shop concept could be expanded in the future.
The departments will offer an edited assortment of the hottest and most popular items from Toys“R”Us, including products featured on the 2012 Toys“R”Us Holiday Hot Toy list, perennial favorites such as dolls, action figures and puzzles, and much more.
“Macy’s is a premier holiday shopping destination, and many of our customers have toys on their gift-giving lists. By partnering with Toys“R”Us, the authority in the toy space, we can offer a comprehensive toy assortment and one-stop shopping in this largest gift-giving time of the year,” said Jeff Gennette, Macy’s chief merchandising officer.
“Macy’s and Toys“R”Us are both synonymous with gift-giving during the holiday season, and we are delighted to partner with a best-in-class retailer like Macy’s to extend our brand at some of the greatest shopping locations around the country,” said Richard Barry, executive vice president, chief merchandising officer, Toys“R”Us, Inc.The 24 Macy’s stores with Toys“R”Us Express departments for Holiday 2012 include:
- South Coast Plaza Home, Costa Mesa, CA
- Arden Fair, Sacramento, CA
- Union Square, San Francisco, CA
- Valley Fair, Santa Clara, CA
- Boca Raton Town Center, Boca Raton, FL
- Aventura Mall, Miami, FL
- Dadeland, Miami, FL
- Miami International Mall, Miami, FL
- Lenox Square, Atlanta, GA
- State Street, Chicago, IL
- Oakbrook Center, Oak Brook, IL
- Woodfield Mall, Schaumburg, IL
- Burlington Mall, Burlington, MA
- Mall of America, Bloomington, MN
- Bridgewater Commons, Bridgewater, NJ
- Garden State Plaza, Paramus, NJ
- Willowbrook Mall, Wayne, NJ
- Downtown Brooklyn, NY
- Roosevelt Field, Garden City, NY
- Manhasset, NY
- Herald Square, Manhattan, NY
- Center City, Philadelphia, PA
- Memorial City, Houston, TX
- Downtown Seattle, WA
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
Jim Cramer and Stephanie Link actively manage a real portfolio and reveal their money management tactics while giving advanced notice before every trade.
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Jim Cramer's protege, David Peltier, identifies the best of breed dividend stocks that will pay a reliable AND significant income stream.
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
24/7 market commentary from Jim Cramer and 20+ veteran Wall Street gurus. Get access to the latest trading ideas on stocks, options, and ETFs as well as a real-time forum to see the pros exchanging their investment ideas.
- Jim Cramer + 20 Wall Street pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Real-time trading forum
- Actionable trade ideas
All of Real Money, plus 15 more of Wall Street's sharpest minds delivering actionable trading ideas, a comprehensive look at the market, and fundamental and technical analysis.
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
Our options trading pros provide daily market commentary and over 100 monthly option trading ideas and strategies to help you become a well-seasoned trader.
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV