FRANKLIN LAKES, N.J., Oct. 10, 2012 /PRNewswire/ -- BD (Becton, Dickinson and Company) (NYSE:BDX), a leading global medical technology company, today announced that David V. Elkins, 44, Executive Vice President and Chief Financial Officer, has informed the Company of his plans to pursue an entrepreneurial opportunity at Round Rock Research, LLC, a technology licensing company, serving as its CFO. He will leave BD in November following the Company's release of full fiscal year 2012 results on November 7, 2012. BD's Board of Directors intends to commence a search for a successor to Mr. Elkins.
Suketu Upadhyay, currently Senior Vice President and Controller, has been named as interim Chief Financial Officer, effective November 9, 2012. Prior to his current role, Mr. Upadhyay served as the chief financial officer for BD's international operations. Before joining BD in 2010, he held senior-level finance positions with Johnson & Johnson and AstraZeneca.
Vincent A. Forlenza, Chairman, Chief Executive Officer and President, said, "I am genuinely disappointed that we are losing David. He has been an outstanding chief financial officer and terrific partner since he joined BD in 2008, but we respect his decision to pursue the next chapter of his career elsewhere. The Board and I are grateful for his contributions to BD and for his commitment to helping achieve a smooth transition. We wish him the best for the future."
Forlenza continued, "We are pleased that Suky has agreed to become interim CFO. He has worked closely with David and me since joining the Company in 2010, and I am confident that BD will have a smooth transition. I am optimistic about the year ahead and look forward to updating investors and providing 2013 guidance on our November earnings call."
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV