Aeterna Zentaris: Phase 3 Results For AEZS-130 In AGHD To Be Presented At Upcoming GRS And IGF Society Congress
QUÉBEC CITY, Oct. 10, 2012 /PRNewswire/ - Aeterna Zentaris Inc. (NASDAQ: AEZS) (TSX: AEZ) (the "Company") today announced that George R. Merriam, MD, Director of the Clinical Study Unit at the VA Puget Sound Health Care System, and Professor of Medicine at the University of Washington, Seattle and Tacoma, WA, will give an oral presentation on AEZS-130, Aeterna Zentaris' ghrelin agonist, at the 6 th International Congress of the Growth Hormone Research (GRS) and Insulin-like Growth Factor (IGF) Society, which will be held in Munich, Germany, October 17-20, 2012.
The presentation titled, " Use of an orally-active ghrelin mimetic, macimorelin (AEZS-130), as a safe, simple test for Adult Growth Hormone Deficiency (AGHD): Effect of BMI on optimal cut off ", will take place on Thursday, October 18, 2012, from 4:30 to 4:45 pm (local time), in the Black Box Room of the Gasteig Conference Center.
AEZS-130, a ghrelin agonist, is a novel orally-active small molecule that stimulates the secretion of growth hormone. The Company has completed a Phase 3 trial for use as an oral diagnostic test for AGHD. AEZS-130 has been granted orphan drug designation by the FDA for use in this indication. Aeterna Zentaris owns the worldwide rights to AEZS-130.About Aeterna Zentaris Aeterna Zentaris is an oncology and endocrinology drug development company currently investigating treatments for various unmet medical needs. The Company's pipeline encompasses compounds at all stages of development, from drug discovery through to marketed products. For more information please visit www.aezsinc.com. SOURCE AETERNA ZENTARIS INC.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV