October 10, 2012
, a world-leading provider of scientific, technical, and medical information products and services, today announced the winners of the 2012 Thailand Research Fund (TRF), Commission on Higher Education (CHE), Scopus Researcher Awards in
More than 800 university executives, policy makers, library directors and senior researchers attended the award ceremony at the Thailand Research Fund Congress 2012 in Cha-am,
, to recognize the outstanding achievement of the award winners.
The TRF-CHE-Scopus Researcher Awards recognize outstanding and exemplary early-career and mid-career researchers who have received grants from The Thailand Research Fund (TRF) and The Office of Higher Education Commission,
The awards are supported by TRF, CHE and Elsevier. For each subject category a distinguished panel of between three to six subject matter experts used the following criteria to nominate the winners: research productivity, research impact, research excellence as well as social, economic and scientific impact.
The recipients of the 2012 TRF-CHE-Scopus Young Researcher Awards are:
- Dr. Rojana Sukchawalit, Chulaborn Research Institute, Laboratory of Biotechnology - Life Science & Agricultural Sciences
- Associate Professor Dr. Phatiphat Thounthong, King Mongkut's University of Technology, Faculty of Technical Education - Engineering & Multidisciplinary Technology,
- Assistant Professor Dr. Pithi Chanvorachote, Chulalongkorn University, Faculty of Pharmaceutical Science - Health Sciences
- Assistant Professor Dr. Ratthai Porncharoen, Silpakorn University, Faculty of Decorative Arts - Humanities and Social Sciences
The recipients of the 2012 TRF-CHE-Scopus Mid-Career Researcher Awards are:
- Assistant Professor Dr. Kanokporn Triwitayakorn, Mahidol University, Institute of Molecular Biosciences - Life Sciences & Agricultural Sciences
- Associate Professor Dr. Siriporn Chattipakorn, Chiang Mai University, Faculty of Dentistry - Health Sciences
- Associate Professor Dr. Jaroon Jakmunee, Chiang Mai University, Faculty of Science - Chemical & Pharmaceutical Sciences (Including Chemical Engineering
- Dr. Piyabut Burikham, Chulalongkorn University, Faculty of Science - Physical Sciences (Mathematics & Physics)
Prof. Sawasd Tantaratana, President of The Thailand Research Fund (TRF) said, "We would like to thank CHE and Elsevier for their support, and congratulate the 2012 award winners. Recognition of this award will be a motivation to Thai researchers to further elevate the quality of their publications."