SAN JOSE, Calif., Oct. 10, 2012 /PRNewswire/ -- Xilinx, Inc. (NASDAQ: XLNX) today announced it will spotlight how it is laying the foundation for implementing advanced driver assistance systems (ADAS) in automobiles by accelerating system integration with its next-generation automotive solutions at SAE Convergence 2012, booth #909, October 16-17 at the Cobo Center.
What: SAE Convergence 2012
Where: Detroit, MI, Cobo Center, Booth #909When: Conference & Exhibits – October 16-17, 2012 As a growing number of countries pass laws mandating automobiles include ADAS as well as a strong consumer interest in driver awareness features, designers are faced with the challenge of providing high performance automotive systems while also bringing down cost and power. These image-to-vision automotive systems must also be efficient in analyzing input from multi-cameras through the different stages of ADAS processing functions, such as sensing, environment characterization and decision making. Xilinx will showcase how it is overcoming these challenges with its All Programmable automotive solutions, such as its Zynq™-7000 All Programmable SoC, which incorporates an ARM® dual-core Cortex™-A9 MPCore™ processing system with tightly coupled programmable logic on a single die. These All Programmable solutions eliminate the need for multi-chip solutions, provide higher system integration, and allow for the optimum level of hardware resources and scalability spanning low- to high-end ADAS. In collaboration with its automotive Xilinx Alliance Program members, Xilinx will feature the following demonstrations:
- Driver Assistance Targeted Design Platform – Zynq-7000 All Programmable SoC targeted design platform for driver assistance applications will highlight hardware accelerated image processing analytics combined with application software for full feature implementation on a single device. The targeted design platform will demonstrate a wide range of ADAS features utilizing a common set of camera inputs, including blind spot detection, rear lane departure warning, and pedestrian detection.
- Ethernet AVB demonstration – Supporting ADAS and infotainment applications, this design is capable of aggregating and processing video data from a number of camera modules and audio/video data from a DVD player via an Ethernet Audio Video Bridging (EAVB)-based network. The demonstration will show attendees how to rapidly implement the latest standards definition with scalable Spartan®-6 FPGAs, as well as reduce cost through programmable systems integration with modular EAVB elements for optimal node configuration.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV