The company said it sees earnings excluding items of 24 cents to 34 cents a share for its fiscal year ending in May with same-restaurant sales projected between flat and up 2%.
Analysts are calling for earnings of 28 cents a share.
Safeway (SWY) is expected by analysts Thursday to post a third quarter profit of 42 cents a share in the September-ended period on revenue of $10.24 billion.
Other companies slated to report on Thursday include Emmis Communications (EMMS), J.B. Hunt Transport Services (JBHT), Fastenal (FAST), Sycamore Networks (SCMR), Winnebago Industries (WGO) and Zep (ZEP).
-- Written by Joseph Woelfel
>To contact the writer of this article, click here: Joseph Woelfel >To submit a news tip, send an email to: email@example.com. of oil.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV