NEW YORK -- JPMorgan Chase's (JPM) chief financial officer, Douglas Braunstein, is expected to step down over the next two quarters and is likely to move into a different job at the bank, The Wall Street Journal reported, citing people close to the company.
Braunstein has been finance chief at JPMorgan, the largest U.S. bank by assets, since 2010.
Braunstein's status was diminished as part of an executive shake-up in July, the Journal noted.
Ruby Tuesday (RT), the restaurant operator, reported an in-line profit for its fiscal first quarter on Wednesday but gave an outlook that hints at some downside to Wall Street expectations for the full year. The company said it sees earnings excluding items of 24 cents to 34 cents a share for its fiscal year ending in May with same-restaurant sales projected between flat and up 2%. Analysts are calling for earnings of 28 cents a share.
Safeway (SWY) is expected by analysts Thursday to post a third quarter profit of 42 cents a share in the September-ended period on revenue of $10.24 billion. Netflix: Buy, Sell or Remain Confused?
Alaska Air (ALK) is expected to announced Thursday an order for 50 Boeing (BA) single-aisle jetliners, two people familiar with the matter told the Journal.
J.B. Hunt Transport Services (JBHT) is expected by analysts to report quarterly profit of 67 cents a share.
Other companies slated to report on Thursday include Emmis Communications (EMMS), Fastenal (FAST), Sycamore Networks (SCMR), Winnebago Industries (WGO) and Zep (ZEP). Little-Known Companies With Lots of 'Precious Assets'
-- Written by Joseph Woelfel
>To contact the writer of this article, click here: Joseph Woelfel
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV