Stock Futures Waffle Before Earnings, Economic Data
NEW YORK (TheStreet) -- U.S. stock futures were wavering Wednesday as investors awaited third-quarter corporate announcements and some domestic economic releases.
"The market, in our opinion, is prepared to a large extent for the overall bad earnings comparisons that are about to be reported," said Scott Wren, senior equity strategist at Wells Fargo Advisors.
Futures for the Dow Jones Industrial Average were down 25 points, or 16.53 points below fair value, at 13,387. Futures for the S&P 500 were down 0.70 points, or 0.72 points below fair value, at 1435. Futures for the Nasdaq were falling 0.25 points, or 1.67 points below fair value, at 2733.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV