Biogen Idec (NASDAQ: BIIB) will have extensive data from the company’s leading multiple sclerosis (MS) franchise presented during the 28 th Congress of the European Committee for Treatment and Research in Multiple Sclerosis (ECTRIMS) in Lyon, France, October 10 – 13. Fifty-three poster and platform presentations will further showcase Biogen Idec’s commitment to advancing the treatment of MS and improving the lives of people living with the disease around the world.
“For nearly 20 years, Biogen Idec has had a steadfast commitment to the MS community. This began with the approval of AVONEX and then TYSABRI, and continues today with the global regulatory submissions for oral dimethyl fumarate,” said Alfred Sandrock, M.D., Ph.D., senior vice president, development sciences and chief medical officer, Biogen Idec. “Our continued dedication to the advancement of MS treatment is evident in our pipeline, which is the deepest in the industry. Though significant advances have been made, we will not rest while there is so much more we can do to improve the lives of those living with MS.”
Data from the Biogen Idec MS Pipeline Key scientific highlights being presented during ECTRIMS from the company’s pipeline will include analyses of pooled data from the Phase 3 DEFINE and CONFIRM clinical trials of oral dimethyl fumarate (BG-12), primary results from the daclizumab high-yield process (DAC HYP) SELECTION study, and early-stage research showing the results of a study of anti-LINGO 1 (BIIB033) in optic nerve damage in animal models.
Dimethyl FumarateDimethyl fumarate has been studied as an oral agent for MS and is currently under regulatory review in the United States, European Union, Switzerland, Australia and Canada for the treatment of MS. Detailed data from the program’s two Phase 3 clinical trials, DEFINE and CONFIRM, were recently published in The New England Journal of Medicine. There will be 14 posters, one platform presentation and one late breaking news poster presented. Highlights include:
- Clinical efficacy of BG-12 in relapsing-remitting multiple sclerosis: an integrated analysis of the Phase 3 DEFINE and CONFIRM studies – Platform 151
- Safety and tolerability of BG-12 in patients with relapsing-remitting multiple sclerosis: an integrated analysis of the placebo-controlled studies – Poster 484
- Effects of BG-12 on magnetic resonance imaging outcomes in relapsing-remitting multiple sclerosis: an integrated analysis of the Phase 3 DEFINE and CONFIRM studies – Poster 920
- Long-term safety and tolerability of oral BG-12 (dimethyl fumarate) in relapsing-remitting multiple sclerosis: interim results from ENDORSE – Late Breaker Poster 1103
- The effect of daclizumab HYP on sustained disability progression in the SELECT trial – Poster 949
- Effect of daclizumab HYP treatment in highly active relapsing-remitting multiple sclerosis: results from the SELECT study – Poster 463
- Primary results of the SELECTION trial of daclizumab HYP in relapsing multiple sclerosis – Late Breaker Presentation 169
- BIIB033 Anti-LINGO-1 antibody reduces optic nerve axonal degeneration in MOG- EAE rodent models – Poster 785
- Technical feasibility of implementing multifocal VEP for multicentre clinical trials – Poster 281
- Long-term safety and efficacy of natalizumab and assessment of 2-year freedom from clinical disease activity in patients with multiple sclerosis in the TYSABRI Observational Program (TOP) – Poster 519
- Improvement of MS-related fatigue also significantly improves quality of life in patients treated with natalizumab: results from the TYNERGY trial – Poster 445
- Relation of disease activity-free status to visual function in the AFFIRM trial – Poster 557
- Utilization of JC-virus antibody testing in clinical practice – Poster 546
- Interim analysis of AMETYST: a Phase 4 observational study of the impact of intramuscular interferon beta-1a on quality of life, disability, and cognition in patients with clinically isolated syndrome/clinically definite multiple sclerosis – Poster 1047
- Interferon beta‐1a (AVONEX) as treatment option for untreated MS patients (AXIOM) – Poster 1007
- Dalfampridine extended release tablets: safety profile after 2 years of post-marketing experience in the United States – Poster 1026, sponsored by Acorda Therapeutics
- An alternative approach to estimate the health economic value of a non-disease modifying therapy for patients with multiple sclerosis: a Swedish application – Poster 1032
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
Jim Cramer and Stephanie Link actively manage a real portfolio and reveal their money management tactics while giving advanced notice before every trade.
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
Jim Cramer's protege, David Peltier, identifies the best of breed dividend stocks that will pay a reliable AND significant income stream.
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
All of Real Money, plus 15 more of Wall Street's sharpest minds delivering actionable trading ideas, a comprehensive look at the market, and fundamental and technical analysis.
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
Our options trading pros provide daily market commentary and over 100 monthly option trading ideas and strategies to help you become a well-seasoned trader.
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV