Fifth Third Bancorp
Shares of Fifth Third Bancorp of Cincinnati closed at $15.86 Tuesday, returning 27% year-to-date, following an 11% decline during 2011.
The shares trade for 1.3 times tangible book value, and for 10 times the consensus 2013 EPS estimate of $1.58. The consensus 2012 EPS estimate is $1.61.
Fifth Third pays a quarterly dividend of 10 cents a share, for a yield of 2.52%.
For the 12-month period ended June 30, the company's ROA was 1.29%, while its ROE was 14.01%.Fifth Third will announce its third-quarter results on Oct. 18, with a consensus EPS estimate of 38 cents, declining from 40 cents the previous quarter and also a year earlier. Penala downgraded Fifth Third to a neutral rating from a "Buy" rating, with a price target of $16.50, saying "we see few near term catalysts and believe that valuations reflect the approx. $1bn in after-tax gains that FITB can potentially realize from the sale of its remaining stake in Vantiv and subsequently deploy this toward buying back shares." Fifth Third's shares have risen 19% since the end of the second quarter, and the company's near-term capital return potential is quite visible. "By contrast, capital return expectations are far more muted for money center banks," Penala said, "and investors that prefer to continue to invest in this theme will find more upside in C and JPM, in our view, than at regional banks generally." FITB data by YCharts
Interested in more on Fifth Third Bancorp? See TheStreet Ratings' report card for this stock. -- Written by Philip van Doorn in Jupiter, Fla. >Contact by Email. Follow @PhilipvanDoorn
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV