Search Jim Cramer's "Mad Money" trading recommendations using our exclusive "Mad Money" Stock Screener.
NEW YORK ( TheStreet) -- Just because stocks were expensive five years ago doesn't mean they're expensive today.
Jim Cramer told "Mad Money" viewers Tuesday that bears believe that as the markets approach their all-time highs of five years ago, bad things could happen all over again.
Cramer said it's prudent to be cautious if you're a parent, for example, because there's no downside for warning your kids too many times about drinking and driving or hanging out with the wrong crowd. But investing is different, he said, because being too cautious can cost you a lot money.Shares of Apple (AAPL), a stock Cramer owns for his charitable trust,
Executive DecisionIn the "Executive Decision" segment, Cramer spoke with Gary Rodkin, CEO of ConAgra Foods (CAG), the food giant that surprised Wall Street with an earnings beat of 9 cents a share on a 6.7% rise in revenue. The company also offered upside guidance and boosted its dividend to 3.6%. Shares on ConAgra are up 60% since Cramer last spoke with Rodkin in July 2009. Rodkin said that after a tough year for commodity cost inflation, costs have moderated more than expected, allowing ConAgra to deliver such great results. He said his company is now aligned to be proactive, with an emphasis on productivity that's really working for them. Among the company's strengths is its Healthy Choice brand of frozen products. Rodkin said the Food and Drug Administration regulates what can be called "healthy" on the label, which means that all Healthy Choice products exceed those standards for calories, fat and sodium content. Healthy Choice provides both taste and nutrition, he said, and its new packaging, including steamers and smart trays for baked items, are a big hit with consumers.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV