Pall Corporation ( NYSE: PLL), a global leader in filtration, separation and purification, has entered into a new partnership agreement with Carson Helicopters, Inc. to provide an upgrade of its legacy Centrisep® engine advanced protection system (EAPS) for Sikorsky Sea King/S-61 helicopters. Carson, an FAA-approved helicopter innovator specializing in the overhaul, repair, and remanufacture of the S-61 product line, will hold the Supplemental Type Certificate (STC) on the Pall Centrisep EAPS. The newest design will improve the performance and operating efficiencies over the existing S-61 EAPS system and will be significantly lighter. It can be installed on commercially certified S-61 aircraft, whereas the legacy EAPS was only available to Westland Sea King operators and government users of Sea Kings. Carson and Pall jointly introduced the upgraded system at the recent 15 th Annual International Sea King Symposium in Melbourne, Florida.
With approximately 620 aircraft in service today, the Sea King/S-61 model is one of the most widely used military and commercial helicopters in the world. As many as half of the aircraft currently in service are flying without air filtration systems, subjecting the engines to potentially significant amounts of damage-inducing contamination.
“Pall and Carson are once again joining forces to combine our respective, long-standing experience in helicopter innovation to improve the safety and life expectancy of one of the world’s mainstay helicopter fleets,” said Vince Northfield, president, Pall Aerospace. “The newest enhancement of the Pall Centrisep EAPS will be especially valuable to those aircraft currently in service without engine protection systems.”
”The Carson/Pall relationship has been very successful, and we look forward to new and innovative ways to enhance safety and engine life using Centrisep EAPS technology,” said Frank Carson, president, Carson Helicopters, Inc.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV