With mortgage putback exposure "mostly ring fenced," Harralson said that "investors should now look to the efficiency ratio and profitability statistics as the next large earnings lever. Management has been consistent in saying it can get to a 60% or below efficiency. If STI could show expense progress in this difficult quarter, investors could be heartened that a 60% efficiency ratio is possible."
A bank's efficiency ratio is, essentially, the number of pennies of overhear expenses it incurs, for each dollar of revenue.
Interested in more on SunTrust? See TheStreet Ratings' report card for this stock.
Email. Follow @PhilipvanDoorn
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV