PRINCETON JUNCTION, N.J., Oct. 9, 2012 (GLOBE NEWSWIRE) -- Mistras Group, Inc. (NYSE:MG), a leading "one source" global provider of technology-enabled asset protection solutions, today reported financial results for the first quarter of fiscal 2013, which ended August 31, 2012. During the first quarter, the Company had revenues of $113.4 million, net income of $4.3 million, or $0.15 per diluted share, and Adjusted EBITDA*, a non-GAAP measure detailed later in this release, of $15.5 million.
First Quarter Fiscal 2013 Financial Highlights:
- Revenue of $113.4 million increased 24%.
- Adjusted EBITDA* increased 29% to $15.5 million.
- Net income increased 33% to $4.3 million, or $0.15 per diluted share.
- Net cash provided by operating activities increased more than 60% to $21.5 million.
- Operating margins and Adjusted EBITDA* margins increased over the prior year.
- SG&A as a percent of revenues dropped to 20.7 % versus 21.2% in the prior year.
In September 2012, the Company completed the acquisition of German-based GMA Holding, a leader in the field of quality assurance, non-destructive and destructive material testing, and engineering services. GMA Holding has more than 500 employees located in 11 offices throughout Germany, as well as operations in the Netherlands. Revenues for GMA Holding's most recent fiscal year were approximately $50 million and the purchase price was $36 million plus additional consideration for meeting certain profitability targets. The Company expects the GMA acquisition will be break-even for fiscal 2013.Chairman and Chief Executive Officer, Dr. Sotirios J. Vahaviolos stated, "The first quarter was another strong quarter for the Mistras model, as significant increases in revenues produced larger gains in net income, Adjusted EBITDA and operating cash flows. This is indicative of how we manage the business for our shareholders." Dr. Vahaviolos added, "We continue to expand our service offerings with the acquisition of the GMA Group that not only bring us new capabilities in the testing space, but also help increase our scale in the European market".
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
Jim Cramer and Stephanie Link actively manage a real portfolio and reveal their money management tactics while giving advanced notice before every trade.
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
Jim Cramer's protege, David Peltier, identifies the best of breed dividend stocks that will pay a reliable AND significant income stream.
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
All of Real Money, plus 15 more of Wall Street's sharpest minds delivering actionable trading ideas, a comprehensive look at the market, and fundamental and technical analysis.
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
Our options trading pros provide daily market commentary and over 100 monthly option trading ideas and strategies to help you become a well-seasoned trader.
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV