2013 Preliminary Outlook Since the Company has not formally completed the financial closing process for the fiscal year ended September 30, 2012, Management is providing its preliminary expectations for 2013 with a wider EPS range than normal due to the timing of this announcement, and will formally update these items and narrow the expected EPS range during the regularly scheduled earnings announcement on November 12.
Management continues to see strong growth in 2013 across the business and based on the current revenue growth outlook, expects 2013 operational EPS in the range of $2.30 to $2.55 per share, which excludes non-recurring restructuring charges described above.
To support this outlook, and given the shortfall in 2012, Management is providing more detailed insight into the 2013 revenue build to allow investors to better understand the growth and related risks.
In Filtration, Management expects sales to increase approximately $20 million in 2013, with the majority of the growth coming from VACCO. This growth is either currently in backlog, or is consistent with existing customers' recent demand levels. The related EBIT margin on this growth is expected to be consistent with 2012 percentages.In Test, Management is projecting low-to-mid single digit sales growth in 2013 with a significant increase in operational EBIT both in dollars and as a percentage of sales. The expectation of significant profit growth is reasonable given the absence of cost overruns that occurred in 2012, and gaining the benefit of the above noted restructuring, along with other cost reduction initiatives implemented in the last half of 2012. At Doble, Management expects sales growth of approximately 10 percent at a margin contribution consistent with the percentages achieved in 2012. The expected sales growth reflects recently introduced new products and the expansion of its international market presence.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV